Advocacy is about speaking up for people who are not being heard and helping them express their views.
It is about:
- Speaking up for someone
- Sticking with someone
- Taking their side to get their voice heard
Advocacy is about empowering people who need a stronger voice by enabling them to express their needs and supporting them to make their own decisions, where possible. It is about safeguarding people who are vulnerable and discriminated against or those whom services find difficult to serve.
We can assist people to gain access to information and explore their options, but we do not give advice or make recommendations. We support people to make informed decisions and ensure their views and wishes are heard.
Our support is independent, free and confidential.
We are specifically funded to support:-
- People over 16 with mental health issues, including dementia.
- People over 16 with learning disabilities.
- People over 16 with Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Frail older people.
We have recently secured funding to support people affected by drug & alcohol recovery also.
Advocacy Highland may be able to help with many issues, for example:
- Mental Health Tribunals
- Support Issues
- Adult Support & Protection
We strongly believe everyone has the right to :-
- Be listened to and respected.
- Be involved in decisions which affect their lives.
- Be part of their community.
- Access information relevant to them.
- Explore their options.
- Get their views and wishes heard.
For more information please contact us.